Sunday, May 22, 2011

WE ARE ALL ALIVE!


In my world history class on Friday we talked about the Rapture for a little bit, and there were things said that I would like to comment on. One is that one of my classmates said that the man who predicted yesterdays rapture also predicted several previous raptures. I am not going to share my religious beliefs, but I do wish to say that I think the rapture will never happen, I just do not believe that judgment day will ever come. The same classmate who said Harold Camping had predicted the end of the world also stated that in the Bible it says that no man can predict judgment day, only God himself can. So after hearing that I was one hundred ten percent sure the world was not going to end.
Another thing we talked about in class was that a group of Atheists were setting up a plan for anyone who believed in the rapture. The Atheists charged people money; in return they would watch people who believed in the rapture’s pets. There were also NO refunds, so when they didn’t get raptured they would not get their money back. To me, although it is a little mean, that plan was genius, make people pay to watch their pets, and then when the rapture didn’t happen give them their pets back and keep the money. Whoever thought of that was a genius.
Now I have to talk about my feelings towards this man, Harold Camping. Although my teacher told me not to just go on a rant and trash him without reason, I think I have to. Not only were his last predictions wrong, but also so was this one, and after thinking about this I think that he is only doing this for attention. Although I have not read the bible it does say that no man can predict the end of the world, and this man has done it several time, all wrong by the way, and continues to back his claims 100%. I am sure this is all just for publicity. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree, OH! Collin, that this issue is worthy of some speculation. I looked into the man’s claims a bit. As it turns out, he was using a mathematical algorithm that took parts of the bible and converted them into times and dates. He used this to attempt to predict the Rapture, in which those destined for heaven would begin to ascend to heaven. The rapture was set to begin at 6:00 pm of last Saturday, and continue until October. I also looked into the parts of the Bible that contradict his prediction. As it turns out, there are multiple passages in the bible which speak of the unpredictability of the end of the world. All in all, the Bible states that no man will know the time at which the end of the world is to take place. The credibility of any person using the very book that contradicts their claims to predict something should be questioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on that. Honestly, I think he is wako and should start reading the bible again. There are so many reasons and statements that go against his hypothesis. And not to mention, why would he think that zombies would come afterwards? Everyone should know by now that I am a horror/gore fanatic, but I do not even believe that they are real. Only fun made-up entertainment.

    And to those people who actually believe that he was right about the rapture day, then they should use common sense. He made up previous dates about the end of the world, and he was wrong about every single one of them. Would you not think that people would learn from previous mistakes? And use common sense people! If he was wrong about the last three times, do you think that he will be right the fourth time (maybe because it has zombies this time)? Even I have more common sense than that. There is a story about something similar to this. It’s called "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". Read it, maybe you will learn something from it.

    And yet this guy has the guts to make up another date for the rapture. Oh great, a few more years from now and the cycle of people talking about the end of the world will happen all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you. The rapture is complete bull and the guy who predicted it is just trying to get attention. Just like he was all the other times he predicted the rapture. First of all Zombies, really? That is just pointless. When have zombies ever come and attacked people? He is clearly just making things up as he goes along. The saddest part is that people actually believed him. It is a sad day when people think zombies are coming after them. They are just stupid and gullible. When zombies attack the earth and eat my face I promise that I will believe it.
    I hope this man is happy because he got all the attention he wanted and now no one will ever trust him again. I also agree that the atheists that were going to watch people’s dogs are genius. That was a quick and easy way to make a lot of money. I think their no refund policy was funny. If you were stupid enough to believe that zombies were coming for you then you deserve to have your money stolen. I really think the lesson we all have learned is that stupid people should be eliminated.

    ReplyDelete