Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Osama bin laden killed!


In recent news, Osama Bin Laden has been killed. He was found in the capitol of Pakistan, which is Islamabad, who is supposed to be our allies. However Pakistan was holding one of our greatest enemies right in the capitol. I think that Pakistan knew that Bin Laden was within its boarders and did not tell us, and in return Bin Laden offered Pakistan money or protection. But what do I know? This is just a theory with absolutely no proof other then what I have heard on CNN, which I find is a biased news station.
            Another even more recent update is that there was a diary found in the compound where they killed Osama Bin Laden, and that diary was Bin Laden’s. Although I am not quite sure what is in the diary, I am sure there are plenty of secrets that will give the United States a new edge against terrorists.
            Ever since I can remember I have wanted wars to stop, almost the entire time I have been alive the United States have been at war with someone, and even now I am hoping that because we killed Al Qaeda’s leader it will crumble and we will no longer have to keep troops in the Middle East.  That is what I hope, my actual response to Osama being killed is that it will do absolutely nothing to end the war on terror, it might even make it worse. Now that we have made another move, the terrorist groups will start their move, getting ready for the next 9/11. Eventually it will lead nowhere, just constant fighting in an eternal loop, unless something is done to halt the violence.
            Since my class discussed this topic I have had this question on my mind, it is, now that Bin Laden is dead, what will happen to America? Will it be attacked once again, or will Al Qaeda finally give up?

1 comment:

  1. I too have been speculated on the consequences of Osama Bin laden’s death. I intend to write a post on why I think it should not be celebrated in the way that many Americans took to doing. I agree with on the point that I do not think that this one death will halt the war. I think that there are probably more people who will step in a take Bin Laden’s place.
    I wonder how long this war will carry on. It is certainly easier for guerrilla extremist groups to sustain steady resistance than it is for the U.S. to keep its troops over seas. When you think about the seemingly endless cycle of violence in this situation, does anyone have any ideas on how to stop it? As long as the extremist groups continue on their course, America will continue on its, and I see no end in sight as of yet.

    ReplyDelete